Thursday, February 19, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Last night they released Braddock from the NICU back up to the nursery for healthy babies. We were able to get a room right across from the nursery and keep our baby in our room overnight. It was so exhilirating to have our little family together in the same room. We couldn't have been happier.
Braddock will still need several more days of antibiotics, so he will not be able to go home with us until Wednesday night. We can't wait for Wednesday.
Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers. We felt uplifted by them and are confident that our little boy is a healthy one.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Braddock needs some special care for the next 7 days. He is currently in the NICU because of a fever that persisted on Wednesday. He will need testing to rule out the most harmful causes of the fever and antibiotics and treatment to help support his developing immune system. We will not be taking him home tomorrow like planned. We hope and pray that these next 7 days give us the healthy little boy we dream of. Thank you for your prayers and support. We need it.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
It looks like we will finally get to meet our baby Monday. We have been overdue for the last couple of weeks. Tomorrow night they are going to start the process of inducing labor. We have been waiting patiently for some signs of labor but nothing. Sometime between 5 and 7 pm, based on when they are ready for us, we will go to the hospital, bags packed. They will begin administering medication to prepare for labor and on Monday morning, will begin administering meds to induce labor. Wish us luck!